This is a tasty little recipe that was inspired by a packet of special edition crisps I saw in my local supermarket XD
- 250g small pasta — conchigliette (small shells) would be ideal
- 1 x 225g chorizo ring
- 1 jar black olives in brine (~190g drained weight)
- 200g block feta
- spring onions and garlic cloves, more or less ad lib
- light mayonnaise (optional)
- misc. green veg (to serve)
- Slice the chorizo into half-centimetre thick slices and roughly chop the garlic and spring onions (if using). Dice the feta and place it into a bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Heat the slices of chorizo in a frying pan over a medium heat until they start to exude their own oil.
- If you’re using the garlic and/or spring onions, add them at this point and cook gently until they’re soft. Either way, you want the chorizo to be cooked through as well.
- Pour the chorizo mixture into the bowl with the feta.
- Thoroughly drain the olives and add them to the bowl with the feta and chorizo.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain it thoroughly and add it to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Stir all the ingredients together until well combined. If you’re feeling really gutsy, add a couple of dollops of light mayo and stir until it thinly coats the rest of the salad. It’s not strictly necessary, though, because the dish is fairly rich without.
- Serve with green veg for fibre and colour contrast. If you’re feeling posh, you can use large lettuce leaves as serving dishes!